Oh hi there! So since I posted the photos of Bogart’s Doughnuts a few weeks back, we now have strict instructions from out-of-town guests that they want these special treats. And with perfectly good reason! But what I haven’t mentioned on the blog is that since they opened, the shop has sold out of product each morning by 10 am at the latest. Today I asked, and they told me they make about 1500-1700 doughnuts each day. Wow!
So Jamie and I got up bright and early today and ran over to pick up one of each of their offerings (there are five to choose from) to bring back home to his mom for breakfast. There was no line when we arrived at 7:30 (yay!) and they hadn’t sold out of anything yet, so we were thrilled.
We then came home and cut them all up into bite-sized pieces so we could each sample the flavors. Here are my rankings:
1. Brown Butter Glazed Holy crap, this salty/sweet glaze is phenomenal and I love, love, love the texture of the basic glaze donut. It reminded me of the famous Joe’s Donuts from Lawrence, KS that used to be served up hot from the oven after Kansas basketball games. But these were *better*. If you ever had those, you know what a big deal this is.
2. Regular Glazed I know! So many amazing flavors, but again I just really loved the texture and the consistency. Plus, they were the perfect amount of sweet. It should also be noted that Jamie would swap my number one and two. I stand by my choices, however.
3. Vanilla Bean Cream Filled This was a close tie with the regular glazed for me. The cream is not too sweet and it’s light and fluffy — really, truly delicious.
4. Nutella Filled These are, of course, divine, but I wanted more Nutella (DUH!) and frankly, I think the vanilla cream is better (blasphemy!)
5. Chocolate Cake Still very good, like, better than Dunkin, but nothing compared to those above.
Aaaand, now I will try to finish up work early so that I can get in a little exercise because I feel like a total glutton for eating all that sugar!
For your internet share today, how about a chimp playing with a baby tiger? Eh, eh? ABOUT THE CUTEST THING EVER. I love how chimps look so human when interacting like this!