Eating snacks with your shirt off as watermelon juice dribbles down your chin? Yup. It’s summertime (that link is to one of my favorite summer songs). This weekend was complete insanity, but also so much fun. Here is what we did:
• Art-a-whirl which included multiple breweries and bands
• Trips to two farmer’s markets
• Visits to three garage sales
• Multiple family walks (probably 5 or so)
• Donuts at The Baker’s Wife (yum!)
• Coffee with friends at a nearby park
• Weeded and mulched the entire backyard, also planted nine plants
• Grocery runs
• Watching the moon rise over the lake with a dear friend (photos later this week!)
• Coffee and breakfast out at the new spot in the neighborhood
• Attending the neighborhood festival (pony rides! bounce houses! face painting! food! live music!)
• Dinners on the patio
• Oh, and two photo shoots
So yeah. It was nuts.
Amazingly, I forgot my camera for 90 percent of the weekend. And I had so much fun, so I don’t even regret it! The photos I did take are below. Enjoy!
This boy loves his cold watermelon so damn much.
Also, I got a damn good deal on a huge box of Legos at one of the garage sales. Ezra is THRILLED. This kid knows maybe 20 words, and you better believe “Lego” is one of them.
This is another amazing bargain I got at one of the garage sales. Also a huge hit. I love this pose.
During one of our dinners on the patio, Ezra was delighted by the caterpillar that joined us.
On Sunday we went for a long wagon ride / walk, and Ezra was completely mesmerized by all the people all out mowing their lawns. Another word he learned this weekend? “Lawnmower.” When we got back home, our neighbor Jon was out mowing his lawn, and we told him how enamored Ezra was with the machinery. And then he blew our minds by sending his children over with this toy lawnmower. Did our kid get spoiled rotten this weekend or what?
While Ezra was in the bath, Magda stole his dirty clothes and played with them in the bedroom. I love how she holds the shirt in her “hands” and barks at the clothing. Adorable.
No real internet shares of the day today, but I do want to tell you all that I’m doing The Dog Days of summer on Saturday, June 25. This means I’ll be hosting mini-photo sessions for your pups in the studio! If you’re interested in such a session (or know someone who is!), please check out more details here!