Today I got to fly to Ohio to visit my amazing friend Julie. She just moved to Columbus this summer, and I couldn’t resist a visit. And so far I am super impressed. Here’s why:
• The guest bedroom is nicer than my own bedroom at home. You know when you walk into Pottery Barn and they have those bedrooms set up with all the blankets and pillows and you just want to crawl right in? That’s what this is like.
• She keeps plying me with amazing food. From tons of healthy snacks to delicious mixed drinks to a fabulous meal in the back garden of a quaint Italian restaurant. It’s a good thing I’m only here for the weekend, that way I’ll only put on 25 pounds.
• Tonight she took me to a festival on the river where they build giant bonfires in floating cauldrons on the water and keep them going all night while bands play nearby. The sparks and reflections are lovely! (As seen above.)
• Oh, and the river is also surrounded by beautiful fountains and tons and tons of porch swings. Serious props to the Columbus urban planner who came up with that idea.
• The weather is phenomenal right now.
If you’d like to see more photos of my adventures today (plus a shot of the Amazing Julie, herself), you can do so over here.